Edgar & Lenore’s Publishing House accepts submissions locally, nationally and internationally.
Art, poetry, memoir, fiction (short/micro) or non-fiction, fantasy, horror, mystery, children's, fairy tales.
E&L’s is open to other genres not listed, but please send a query letter first.
Please no previously published work.
Edgar & Lenore’s Publishing House is pleased to open submissions for the second annual Edgar Allan Poet Journal #2 – 2014 due for tentative release this April 2014.
The theme of this journal is Art. Music. Philosophy.
The theme is a wide spectrum and E&L’s seeks a wide variety of voices. For those of you who are familiar with the work we publish; layered, multifaceted works with a darkly poetic sway are preferred.
No Previously Published Works Please.
Contributors retain rights to work. Publisher maintains permission to publish both in print and online.
Contributors will receive a discount rate on printed copies. Full collection will be viewable in its entirety online for FREE on www.EdgarAllanPoet.com
Please take a moment to view Edgar Allan Poet #1 before submitting.
Due to the amount of work submitted please follow the guidelines below carefully.
-SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ 'EAP#2 SUBMISSION'
-Dimensions are 8 ½ x 11. Please keep this in mind when submitting.
-Please submit all work in 10 or 11 pt.
-Word doc or PDF only.
• Up to 5 pieces. Both full color & black and white is acceptable. All forms of art are welcome. Please send artwork in jpeg form.
• 3 pieces of short fiction, essays, interviews
• 5 poems, prose, haiku, etc. (No more than 3 pages each)
DEADLINE MARCH 15, 2014
Send submissions to Editor Apryl Skies
For other all other inquiries:
Submission Guidelines: Whether you are submitting poems or art for consideration in our Archive, Examiner.com (Local writers in the Los Angeles Area only) or submitting a full Manuscript, please read and follow the guidelines below carefully.
Also, please take a poetic pause to read some of the work we publish as well before submitting. Potential contributors are encouraged to view our current free online journal
Edgar Allan Poet Journal #1.
Hard copies also available for purchase on Amazon.
ALL SUBMISSIONS: OPEN
Archives, Art, Book Reviews, Current Call for Submissions, Examiner, Journal, etc.
• Contact information
• Submit 3-5 poems or literature as attachments only. Art is accepted with no limit on the number of submissions (We always need artwork.)
• A brief bio – Please include your current domicile.
• Photo of yourself
• Publication history* - Where can we view your work?
Please provide your website, blog or links containing published works.
Responding to a request for previous publication in any disingenuous variation of "everywhere" is NOT acceptable. Submissions with these responses simply will not be accepted.
(Yes. Unfortunately this does happen.) Please provide actual links or a list of publications where applicable.
**However, we all need to start somewhere. If you are a new, young or emerging writer or artist and have not been previously published, E & L's is of course open to that and encourage you to submit, just be honest and say so. We promise to consider your work, provided all guidelines have been met. It is the intent of the editor to bring to light new & contemporary talents & artists of all mediums.
SEND ALL SUBMISSIONS:
• Please note, that due to large amount of submissions E&L generally receives, our response time is typically between 4 to 8 weeks (usually less) and we ask and thank you for your patience.
Send via email with “EAP ARCHIVE SUBMISSION” in the subject line.
Consideration for press, on the Examiner (an affiliate of A&E) Please clarify this is a “EXAMINER/LOCAL SUBMISSION” (Exclusive to Los Angeles local writers only. *Apologies extended to those outside the area this is not a choice rather a professional stipulation by which the Examiner must abide.)
BOOK REVIEWS: OPEN
E&L’s loves writing book reviews: If this is a request for book review please indicate that in your cover letter or initial email. Books cannot be returned so, a letter to the editor and/or inquiry is encouraged prior to submission. Turn around period varies depending on current projects.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: OPEN
• Submit a polished manuscript
• A brief bio - Please include your current city.
• Photo of yourself (optional)
• Publication history- Where can we view your work? Your website, blog, or links containing your original published works. A list of previously published work, Amazon links etc. Where else can we view your work? Your website, blog, or links containing published works.
• Book cover art (when applicable). E&L’s may provide and/or design cover art as well.
• Contact information
Looking forward to all the unique talent pouring in.
Editor - Apryl Skies